A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

He Lives!

Yes my dear dear readers.

I know. It is a long long time since you removed me from your blogroll. A long time since you checked if I'd posted recently. A long time indeed since you actually thought "Pickles: Blogger extraordinaire" instead of "Pickles: Person who used to have a blog"

You had given me up for lost. And to some extent I am lost. For the political voice of Pickles is no more. Pickles shall no longer concern himself with the political, merely with the amusing and diverting. For Pickles cannot take the risk of pissing off his employers. They speak. He "supports and enables".

Those of you who know Pickles know that silence on matters political comes easily to him. So worry not.

Meanwhile. If you're wondering what I've been doing this past couple of months...

I have started 1 job, been to 1 Party conference, had 2 flats fall through, slept in 2 spare rooms, been very drunk on only a few occasions (mainly birthday parties of friends, of which there have been in excess of 6 at the last count) , Been back to Oxford for two different reasons (i. To stay with beloved Emily who organised the most splending OULC freshers drinks where more people were recruited than...well..ever ii. To graduate; which was nice),

And had one office ceiling fall on my head in my first week at work. I support and enable but some things are supposed to support themselves. Ceilings for example.


(Yes, I know, they are mainly supported by walls. But a certain amount of the rest of the supporting stuff is done by ceilings themselves. This ceiling was entirely at fault for it's collapse - in collusion with the roof and the weather - and the walls' efforts really cannot be reproached)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:51 pm, Blogger donpaskini said…

    A good point re: ceilings, I'm glad to find someone else around whom things which are meant to support themselves often inexplicably collapse, break etc.

     
  • At 1:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The problem is that while stuff like that sometimes happens to the rest of us (and is so rare to warrant being blogged about), it happens to you so often that you could write a daily blog just about the calamaties you face...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits