A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

It's that time of year again...

Rejoining my old work Fantasy League for the new season. We do the version where everyone gets £75million and you have to bid against each other for players in increasingly frantic round of auctions (unlike others only one person can have each player in their team).

Last year I was rock bottom at the first transfer window and blew my entire mid-season tranfer budget on Michael Owen. It was enough to get me off bottom but then he got crocked. I know how Sven feels.

So this season I've gone hell for leather to get Jermain Defoe (since we may as well learn from Sven's mistakes) and also obtained me a John Terry, a Pepe Reina, a Geremi, a Fredrick Ljungberg and my favourite of all, wee Timmy Cahill. We'll not mention Lee Yung-pyo, or Carlton Cole.

I was pipped by a measly half a million to Shevchenko though. And last season my perceptive purchase of Gabriel Heinze for £4.5 million was looking good til he got crocked too. Sadly the world cup put paid to any cut-price repeat of that and I was outbid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits