A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Panic over...

I came back up to Liverpool from London late the other day and Tipsy, my mighty moggy, had buggered off somewhere.

Convinced that through my tardiness I had caused him to mope off and die somewhere through lack of

a. Food
b. Pills (wot he eats to make him less manky)

I was a little concerned.

My mother and Neville are away and therefore the burden of sustaining the fat feline falls upon me, since I've got nowt else to do but send my CV off to people and lounge around hoping nobody gives me a job until the winter.

Anyway after nearly 48 hours panicking I located the beast in an RSPCA centre in Halewood (where, fittingly, they make Jaguars. And Lambrini. But I'm not sure I believe that.) . He is now a very stressed moggy. But he'll cope.

Here's a celebratory picture of the creature:

4 Comments:

  • At 6:43 pm, Blogger Lola said…

    aaaaaaw. poor cat.

    in what way is he manky without his pills?

    NB I always assumed tipsy was a lady cat.

    i have recently developed a cat-fascination, caused by being introduced to the one of my cousin, who is half way between being a kitten and a cat, and is very intelligent and inquisitive and now I WANT ONE. I have even started stroking random cats in the street in the manner of a Mad Old Lady.

     
  • At 7:09 pm, Blogger Pickles said…

    Tipsy is all man.

    Basically the pills make him drowsy. We think he's got a thyroid problem which makes him hyperactive or something. He's 17 years old so things are bound to start going a bit haywire.

    If you give him his pills his fur goes back to being more glossy and he doesn't breathe ridiculously fast and stuff. But he also sleeps ridiculous amounts, just lays himself out like rug. It's hilarious.

    Anyway, cats are the best thing in the world.

    However, Patchy the other cat is now on hunger strike and won't eat anything other than cooked chicken.

    She's 16 and has clearly decided that life's too short for cat food. I've not managed to get her to eat a thing for nearly two days and she's blatantly starving but still she won't have it. So I'm defrosting some chicken I found in the freezer to cook tomorrow.

    They always win.

     
  • At 1:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pickles has been tamed by a couple of cats.

    Now this is highly amusing...

     
  • At 11:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tipsy is lovley, but I'm afraid he's no kitler. See below.

    http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits