A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

This month I have been mostly

1. Finishing my exams. Jo has good pictures (the first few are not of me...the second lot are of my friend Karim who finished around the same time as I did. My name is Pickles.) I asked her to email them to me. She posted them on her blog instead. That is evil. The tradition seems to involve throwing stuff at the hapless finalist and then making them drink fizzy stuff. The university regulations oblige you to wear white tie. It's just a total farce. See previous posts. ("Pennying" = throwing a coin in someones drink which means they have to drink it all in one go. "Being a bastard" = "Pennying" after inserting a double shot of vodka into a finalist's third post-bubbly pint)

2. Recovering from the hangover induced by excessive drunkenness induced by (1)

3. Enjoying the following facts:

a. The entire population of planet earth helpfully left plenty of drink for me to drink whilst I was otherwise engaged with work.
b. The entire population of planet earth helpfully organised the very best footballers amongst their number to play a tournament almost constantly on my television to coincide with me stopping work and (re) starting drink.
c. The entire planet has so arranged things so that it has been largely sunny here in this corner of said planet.
c. Jobs, exam results, housing, the entire future, are as mere trifles to such momentous events.

4. Blogging comes last (sorry fellow bloggers)

anyway - my head hurts. So I'm slowly rejoining the land of the living. Hello, living; It's been a while. How are you?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:58 am, Blogger Lola said…

    we are glad the wing commander is alive.

     
  • At 1:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I asked her to email them to me. She posted them on her blog instead.

    Hee hee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits