A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Thoughts thus far...

"Whooah, we're half way there
Livin on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it - I swear
Livin on a prayer"

4 down, 4 to go. See you on the other side.


update: I've just realised that when you write that down...it really doesn't scan at all does it? It's alright shouted drunkenly on the dancefloor of some indie dive, but it's clearly got a few syllables missing which Jon Bon just improvises grunts to fill.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:58 pm, Blogger Lola said…

    Sort of. I think you'll find that ezch 'Livin on a prayer' line has 'Whooah' at the beginning of it too, ths making it scan.

     
  • At 6:41 pm, Blogger Pickles said…

    indeed - but the lyrics on t'internet don't include it... so it must be an improvised "whoah"..

     
  • At 10:15 pm, Blogger Lola said…

    You are making me doubt myself now. I will have to investigate further.

    Will do so and report back.

     
  • At 12:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's because it actually is:

    "Whooah, we're half way there
    Whoah, livin on a prayer
    Take my hand and we'll make it - I swear
    Whoah, livin on a prayer"

    In other news, spare a thought for Jo - stuck in an inquorate national council in the hole that is Luffbra! Hee hee!

    One more week to go.

     
  • At 12:48 pm, Blogger Lola said…

    thank you bella. i knew i was right. pickles = plonker.

    i do not have the words to adequately describe my loathing for national council.

     
  • At 10:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Funnily enough, our councillors did not turn up in sufficient numbers to making my turning up at all worth while. We needed 17 or 19 or something but only had 12.

    And Antonia and Lola are correct re: the lyrics. The "whoahs" are the most important bit of the song...

     
  • At 11:32 am, Blogger Lola said…

    pickles failed to remember that I am usually right.

    Oh. My. God. I HATE national council.

    It is bringing back memories and making me twitch with distress.

    Remember that one last yr with that horrible man saying we were a disgrace to students and then I started crying and you started screaming and we had to disband for half an hour to calm down???!!!


    Hahahahaha. Actually that's my favourite NC memory as I got to tell them what I thought, rather than pretending to engage in the 'democracy'.

    Mostly they were just painfully boring with nauseating indies commending each other.

    Actually I am still bitter I was not commended.

    Although I was commended at national conference in a motion once. By James-J Walsh of all people.

    Hahahahaha.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits