A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Sub-Fusc Farce

Sub Fusc is the academic dress of Oxford University. However unlike any university I've ever heard of you're not only supposed to wear it for your graduation (touch wood) and for your matriculation;

But you're obliged to wear it for ALL of your exams. I think this is beyond ridiculous. The students union has never even managed to get strong policy against it as every time they try to have a referendum the young Tories and Hooray Henrys manage to mobilise against it.

Whilst the rest of us, sensible and reasonable though we are, have absolutely no choice but to turn up looking like penguins and sitting deeply uncomfortably in eight three-hour exams over 8 days.

I don't own that many white shirts. Or a white bow tie. This is a total farce and frankly, an outrage.


(Cheers to St Cross College for the photos)

3 Comments:

  • At 7:02 pm, Blogger Lola said…

    I would like a photo posted of uncle skippy in his silly outfit please.

     
  • At 7:10 pm, Blogger Pickles said…

    I don't currently have the silly outfit. Or (see previous posts) facilities for posting pictures I haven't found on t'internet.

    So bad luck I'm afraid - tho I'll be sorting both out at some point and maybe, just maybe, I'll be relieved enough at having completed my exams that I'll post it in a few weeks.

     
  • At 8:29 pm, Blogger Lola said…

    Oh this is sad.

    We need to digicamera you up I believe.

    Good luck with the exams chicken. I will drink some of wetherspoons finest wine in your honour.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits