A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Monkey (& Tank) News

Writes my anonymous source:

"Monkeyworld does indeed exist. Not only do i have this on reliable evidence, but i've driven past it....Right down the road from Monkeyworld is Bovington Tank Musuem.

And when i say right down the road, i mean like half a mile. We went to a place for NewYear's just 8 miles away and, in the midst of the drunken ramblings that inevitably
occur when you have 18+ drunken 20 somethings within a short hikingdistance of a tank museum and monkeyworld.

Talk quickly grew of whether wecould try and merge the two: either by breaking out the monkeys with use ofthe preconfiscated tanks or (ideally) by somehow releasing the
monkeys andgetting them to break into the tank museum and take charge themselves of thetanks' exit (1000 monkeys on 1000 tanks, etc). It was all very exciting."

indeed. The plot thickens. And my post-exams day out just got more exciting.

Although - what kind of New Year's Party was that?!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:48 pm, Blogger Admin said…

    They do indeed both exist. We went to Monkey World just a couple of months ago so our daughter could see the chimp we adopted for her.

    After a while I took our son down the road to look at tanks while the girls were busy going "Aaahhhh" all afternoon.

    Flickr has a group dedicated to photos taken at Monkey World (http://www.flickr.com/groups/38267788@N00/0

     
  • At 3:17 pm, Blogger Pickles said…

    Thanks for this wonderful revelation. The Flickr group is excellent. I will be using the pictures to get more monkey magic on my blog - my record day for hits occurred on Monday when the top story included a picture of a chimp.

    This tells me something about my readership.

    I don't think much of your boys preferring tanks to monkeys to be honest - they should have insisted on both.

    I certainly will when I go for my post exams day out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits