A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Well done OULC


I've been busily reading away in the Library for much of the past few days - although actually focusing on work has been a difficult task. I've borrowed a pair of reading glasses off a kind hearted gentleman known only as "LD" to see if they help - and if they do I'm getting my eyes tested. They probably won't. I don't think I'm seeing funny I just think philosophers write funny.

However I've been able to nip out and do the odd stint on the doorstep - nothing remarkable to report I'm afraid. Labour people still Labour and we're going to have to wait for polling day to see if there's enough of them out there to ensure that the genuine good this Labour government is doing isn't lost in a maelstrom of, what largely amounts to the odd cock up. In both senses of the word. "Odd" I mean. What did you think I meant?

It's hard frankly forcing oneself to focus on the studies when, firstly they're so bloody boring, secondly one has good friends pounding the streets fighting for something so worthwhile (not the cock-ups, the good stuff) and therefore it's really reassuring to know that my old Labour Club are in fine fettle - putting the other parties' student members' activitiy to shame. (not that anyone's grumbling).

Well done to the team - by all accounts you're putting a lot of really hard work in.

The photos are a few shots from the weekend's activities - well done on getting so many out, but with the polling day push still to come I suspect we ain't seen nuttin' yet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits