A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

It's the final countdown...

The exam timetable is through....

And oh dear oh dear. In in 48 hour period I have a 3 hour exam in Political Theory, The History of Philosophy from Descartes to Kant, Ethics, and British Social History in the 20th Century. I suppose I shouldn't complain. I've actually read some books for, errrr, two of those so far.

That's essentially 6 hours of exam on Thursday 25th May and 6 on Friday 26th. And that's just half of them.

On the plus side, they start on the 25th May which is a few days later than I'd thought which is a bonus - three extra days revision will make all the difference at this stage. I say "revision"...

Also my final exam ("Modern British Government" as distinguished from "Modern, Compassionate Conservatism") finishes at 5:30 on Tuesday 6th of June. So I have a target to aim at.

I've been told it is traditional to get very drunk when one finishes ones exams. Having succesfully avoided exams throughout this millenium I'm in no position to argue. All are welcome to join me. I will be starting at 5:30 prompt, and will be probably be on the piss til the end of June [looks at watch].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits