A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Keeping track...

Leeds was fun. Having compromised on writing a Norse Saga for "the parents" (poem was vetoed, as was my singing voice) I ended up reciting that for most of the first evening I was there. After that was out of the way and the ice was broken we got on famously. I hope.

The saga was appreciated I think, it's quite appropriate since Leeds is quite near Yorvik Viking Centre, after all.

Now I'm back I've been playing around with Tracksy.com which allows me to tell just how few of y'all actually read this thing. (thanks to jo for the tutorial - and for the proportion of people who come to this site from yours!)

Nothing fun has been discovered yet - other that that someone in Malmo googled "Pickles Niklas Albin Svennson" and found their way here.

I really don't know what that's about - but fair play I suppose. If you google that the second entry is called "Hot Lips Page".

All in all, I think my Scandinavian audience will have plenty to contend with. Next time they visit maybe they'd be up for contributing some lines to my next saga?

4 Comments:

  • At 8:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, you gonna post your saga?!

     
  • At 1:29 am, Blogger Pickles said…

    1. Jo - the norse saga was a very personal message from me to my beloved's parents. I could not possible broadcast it for the world. It would be to betray a very private trust.

    However the opening lines (in typical norse-speak) are as follows;

    "The seas were aboil with blood as the long ships sailed onwards into the horizon..."

    2. It's very good of 'anonymous' to offer me the chance to make $900 dollars a month "having fun" but I'm a bit busy at the moment. Other than putting comment moderation on how do I stop these losers posting this crap on here?

     
  • At 1:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Word verification is probably your best best.

     
  • At 1:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I heard a rumour that you made comments about me on your blog. So, I decided to check what it was all about. Didn't find much to comment on though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits