A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Monkey Latest (Monkey news IV - a new hope)

I am such a good Monkey-Marketter. Maybe one day I could work for a monkey ad agency.

It would seem that I have anticipated a development in the naming & publicising of monkeys so as to engender support for endangered simians. (say that pissed). Here's what I wrote but a few short days ago on discovery of a new genus of Monkey, the inappropriately named 'Rungwecebus':

"Apparently it's endangered - so "Save the Rungwecebus" is a cry likely to be heard from many a loud hailer in the coming months and years. The scientists who found it are making a big deal about how we need to save it, but I can't help feeling they could have given it a more Sale-able name, like "Cuddly Monkey" or "Cute Monkey" in the interests of public relations."

Well here is a story that was pointed out to me by my beloved long-suffering Emily (who's resigned herself to humouring me & my monkeys - having long given up explaining that there are in fact more important things in life).

From MSN: 'Little Sucker'

"He may be only a couple of months old, but we're real suckers for baby woolly monkey Julio. The cute animal is being hand-reared at an animal sanctuary after being rejected by his mother. He was found clinging to his dad Bueno after mother Kuna abandoned him immediately after giving birth on 16 March"

"WOOLLY MONKEY" - now there's a good name for a monkey. None of this Rungadungapalaverwhatdjemecallit. "Woolly". and. "monkey". You don't need a biology degree to picture something that is both woolly and a monkey do you? It's words-as-pictures marketting-genius. It almost makes calling the baby "Julio" superfluous. Although the question
occurs; which Julio where they naming him after? My money is on Julio Arca the Sunderland wing back - but a number of people have already texted in suggesting Julio Iglesias. Any suggestions in the comments box.

The BBC have also reported this and they spoke to Dr Alison "comforts Julio by making woolly monkey noises" (!?) Cronin who looks after Julio who told them:

"He's doing fine - he's sitting in my lap right now. He's actually teething and just getting the last couple of molars in. He is also learning to stand up - that's the new thing - and he's very chatty"

You can read their full story here. But there's one key fact about Julio the Woolly Monkey which I have kept from you, dear reader. For this is the the most important of all of the facts an I wanted to keep you in suspense. Julio lives....you guessed it....

IN MONKEY WORLD!

Here's the last sentence of the paragraph I included from MSN above, although this time I've not cut out the killer fact;

"He was found clinging to his dad Bueno after mother Kuna abandoned him immediately after giving birth on 16 March at Monkey World rescue centre in Wool, Dorset."

There's two things that I want answers to.

1. Why have only discovered that heaven is in Dorset when I am in my 26th year?

2. Is the fact that the Woolly Monkey lives in Wool a coincidence?

Answers in the comments section. My trip to Monkey world is going to be so so so exciting. I have decided to up your excitement level, dear reader, by committing to learning how to upload pictures from my phone or alternatively borrowing a digital camera and making my visit to monkeyworld my first photo story. I spoil you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits