A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Presentation's what you need...

I can't remember which stand up I heard doing this routine but it was really funny. It was about how some students had decided to sue their university because they're degrees had overly stressed them out as they were "too hard".

The comedian in question suggested a few other circumstances where such a complaint might be appropriate "We will fight them on the beaches...Oh but it's toooo haaarrd!" "we choose to go to the moon...But it tooo harrdd" etc.

Well I choose to apply for a job. And they choose to ask me to do a presentation. I hate doing presentations. Ask me to stand up and argue loudly about something I feel strongly about then I love speaking in public. Ask me to generally make a case for something, I can.

But then say I need to plan it carefully, make it match some hand outs I've pre-prepared and more or less act like a management consultant I just fall apart. I've got to do this on Friday - and I've got two whole days at home to do it and, basically, it's a nightmare.

It's just tooo harrdd!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits