A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Blogging from my sofa...

Yes folks, I'm back.


I'll tell you what happened to Afarfetchedresoltion. I'll tell you, and you'll listen.


Essentially it boils down to us living in a nanny state which means that my work computer has all kinds of blocking software on it so blogger goes stare crazy bonkers when I try to use it there. And no T'internet at home.


Which means I have no t'internet blogging access since there's frankly no way I can be arsed to go traipsing round looking for other options.


So there we are.


How've y'all been?


Since I last posted:


1. Getting down to business at work. Some interesting stuff, some not. Local government has it's attractions, but ultimately it comes down to arguing about bins. Important, yes. Fascinating, occasionally. But, frankly, if politicians don't worry themselves about all this malarky then nobody else is going to - and i'd rather it were my kind of politicians than others, and anyone else as they do BAD THINGS and our lot do GOOD THINGS. The law says I can't be more specific I'm afraid.


2. Settling into new flat. A few teething problems - i.e. a rodent, named Rodney. But he was carried out of the flat in a Tesco bag by my slightly less wimpish housemate, who proceeded to put him in a bin near the slightly posher houses round the corner. And pest control have established that it was probably a one-off but blitzed the place with poisoin anyway. So that's a relief as I frankly can't stand the thought of the little bastards.


3. Bought and assembled thus far: 1x Wine Rack 1x Shelving unit 1xChest of drawers 1x bedside cabinet.


4. Housewarming party passed off without incident, although I believe a good time was had by all.


5. Myself and the beloved Emily are yet to make our inaugural trip to Monkeyworld to visit Tikko. But this is coming soon.


6. We did however go and see Happy Feet, the story of a tap-dancing penguin who saves the world. Twice. The second time we went to see it at the IMAX. Emily likes penguins, although I new years' day we played a game of scrabble Penguins v. Monkeys and monkeys won - which I think proves that they're better.




7. More to follow...

2 Comments:

  • At 7:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    a) You can make a reasonable case that monitoring the blogosphere is necessary for your job, I think. I have (and do) though may not get away with it forever.

    1) I'm not sure the law does say that, interestingly. What the law says is that you can't present yourself as an official representative, or be a candidate. Anyway, your interpretation is the one most monitoring officers use, yes.

    4) Sorry about that.

     
  • At 9:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd not thought of the class warfare aspect of where I put Rodney.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits