A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Housing is the bane of my life...

Now...

Housing issues come up a lot in work. But I wouldn't want you to think from the headline that for some reason housing issues had been going very wrong in the general sense recently - although you might think that if you were so inclined.

I'm more concerned by housing in the particular.

I.e. Whether I have a house.

My landlord has, at barely 3 days notice, delayed my move-in date to Monday. Which has the happy consequence of meaning that I have to move in on a work day. This would be ok if it meant moving in one go in one day. But he's timed it just so, so that I have to effectively miss two days' work.

At three days' notice.

And of course, all prospect of any help moving my stuff goes out of the window when it's a weekday. Not that any normal person can drop everything and hire a van to lug your stuff accross town with you at three days notice, weekday or not.

So thanks, landlord.

This comes on top of having been in bed for the last two days with a killer cold. Grump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits