A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

A moving story

My delightful potential landlord (impossible to get hold of, impossibly, nay hilariously verbose once you do) has finally come clean and admitted that this Saturday is frankly, beyond ambitious for a move-in date.

Looking likely it will be the weekend after. Which has advantages and disadvantages. One advantage is I now have a relatively free weekend. One disadvantage is having another week of living in someone's spare room.

I might change spare rooms this week in order to further the spirit of variety, which I am told is the spice of life.

I have never had so much trouble moving house in all my life. I started looking on the 29th August, with money in place for a deposit and no fixed ideas about moving date. It has taken nearly two months and I still don't even have a fixed date to move in.

Appalling. Landlords are bad people. Estate agents are bad people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits