A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Pickles in an [Ice-]pickle...oooh what to do!

Pickles has been invited by a micro Trot-sect to discuss some of the concerns that he and others raised with Daniel Randall at his University Labour Club in a set piece debate in mid/late April.

The meeting was going to be hosted by the Alliance for "Workers" Liberty - but they have now offered a neutral platform to debate the issues.

The title of the debate, which is yet to be set would be on the topic of marxism and the Labour Party. Whilst Pickles would love to go along and bring out some of the old 80s rhetoric he can't help but think that, in mid/late April there might be more pressing engagements...finals, actually winning the local elections ('Power without principle is barren, but principle without power is futile').


It was then or this coming Wednesday and Pickles wants to use all his energies making things difficult for Alan "Militant" Woods of Marxism.com when he comes to visit the Labour Club on Tuesday.

It seems Sven-Goran Engelsson who runs the club until next week is trying to go out with a bang. I'm sure we can provide him with one. I think I might try and get that redundancy notice my step-dad got back in '85, from a Labour council, (a Labour council!) and brandish it whilst questioning him.

Anyway - if anyone has any thoughts on where I might tell that ship of fools to stick their pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo if I do accept their kind offer of a debate please do pass them on.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:28 am, Blogger Imposs1904 said…

    Didn't you play centre-forward for Everton a few years back?

    Those where the days - when Everton used to score more than two goals a month.

     
  • At 1:49 am, Blogger Pickles said…

    I have both agreed to debate you and suggested some dates during which I would be happy to do so. I have finals at the moment Sacha - I think even you can understand that this means I'm likely to be busy.

    This is the second time you've made some bizarre accusation of me being some kind of vicious rumour- monger - I'm sure you know me well enought to know that If I want to have a go at someone I'll do it to their face. God knows I've had a go at you often enough.

    If you're trying to make some claim about me being involved in the defeat of your pet candidates in some election or other - get real. I've got finals and I think the people concerned are perfectly capable of looking after themselves.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits