A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Silence is golden

I've not posted in over a week.

It's partly because I've been really busy but it's also in protest. There's something about blogging which makes you feel as if you have to post almost daily, or at least every couple of days.

But what if you've just got nothing you want to share with the world?

I do have something I want to tell y'all - but it will now have to wait until after I've had my little battle with Nozick for the evening, or is it Hayek...I don't know. My class isn't til tomorrow so I've got loads of time to find out....haven't I?

Suffice to say that my friendly local university Labour Club where I'm currently enjoying the odd trip down memory lane, had a visit from everyone's 6th favourite trotskyist revolutionary,Daniel Randall the other day and he made me angry.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who are the other five?

     
  • At 9:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why was he invited to OULC? Things have gone seriously down hill

     
  • At 10:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He was invited to profile for NUS President. Oh well...that's what happens when you have 'revolooootionary soh-sha-leest' as Chair!

     
  • At 11:59 am, Blogger Pickles said…

    Blimey - didn't think a throwaway comment would engender such a response.

    He was invited to talk on a platform with OUSU pres Emma Norris and OUSU VP women Ellie something or other. The discussion was "What is the role of students unions". I made the point that the Labour Party and Labour Students had a proud history of students unionism in this country and it was ridiculous that they weren't represented on the panel - at a Labour Club event.

    Then we had another big fight about it at the next meeting - which was a lot of fun.

    I have to say I'm quite enjoying not having a care in the world and popping along to the odd meeting as a break from revision to shout at people. It would be boring if we had a chair at the moment who was not an avowed marxist revolutionary.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits