A Far Fetched Resolution

I’ll tell you what happens with impossible promises. You start with far-fetched resolutions. They are then pickled into a rigid dogma, a code, you go through the years sticking to that, out-dated, misplaced, irrelevant to the real needs, and you end up in the grotesque chaos of a Labour council, a Labour council hiring taxis to scuttle round the city handing out redundancy notices to its own workers. I’ll tell you.. You can’t play politics with people’s jobs and with people’s services.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Babyshambles

"A casually dressed Mr Cameron emerged from his home several times to go to the shops, then at lunchtime to take children, Nancy, aged two, and Ivan to the park" [Cameron names new baby, Arthur Guardian/ Press association]

"Emerged several times to go to the shops"? Before lunchtime! what's wrong with a shopping list? Can't he remember a few simple items he needs to pick up from the shop? This guy's supposed to have written the "timetable for action" [That's 1. Immigrants bad, 2. Tax bad, 3. um... Poor people bad 4. errrmm... Georgie was it drugs good, bad or none of your business this time? 5. War bad, except this one, although if you're a Liberal Democrat you're right it's awful... 6. Was there supposed to be six? I thought it was five? 7. Baby wipes]

I'm sure Sandra, or Ffion or Tabitha or whatever the lucky lady's name is again must get frightfully frustrated with him...

"Oh...you said nappies! I knew you'd said that, but then when I was on my way I realised, changing nappies is not the future, although they may have been the future once. In our future we should BE the change we want to see in the world, y'know, like Ghandi? But then I decident to be the change that changed my mind again and thought no, nappies really reflect the modern, compassionate parents I want us to be in the 21st century. But then I thought about it again and by the time I got to the shop I'd forgotten whether we'd had a boy or a girl and the nappies weren't unisex ( I mean HOW last millenium, Dude) , so I bought some baby milk instead. But then, on the way back, I realised it was Nestle babymilk so I phone Zak, MON, and asked him what I should do, and he said I should throw it at Tony Blair in protest at not being able to see my kids, I don't think he was taking me seriously since I'm taking paternity leave so I'm sure I'll get to see my kids in between trips to the shops, and photoshoots and stuff so I rang Bob since actually dodgy baby milk is more his areas, y'know Africa and things. But by then I couldn't remember whether I was in favour Africa or not, so I decided to call it a day. Do you fancy Tapas tonight?"


I hope he didn't go by car each time - that's not carbon neutral either "Dave"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits